Fall Maintenance Tips for Your Home
Now that the summer heat is subsiding, it is the perfect time to perform some routine home maintenance jobs in preparation for the cooler and wetter weather that will soon arrive. Here’s a list you should consider putting on your weekend to-do list:
- Make sure our roof is ready for the winter by inspecting and replacing broken or missing shingles.
- Cleaning gutters and downspouts of leaves and other debris. This will keep water from collecting on your roof and prevent wood rot and other damage to your home.
- Make sure water drains away from your home. Improper drainage can cause costly foundation problems.
- Seal around windows and doors and check the weather stripping around exterior doors.
- Clean your windows. Cleaner windows let more natural light into your home.
- Change your furnace filter. A dirty filter can cause undue stress on your heating system.
- Trim your trees to help prevent trees from falling from high winds. A tree that hasn’t been trimmed in a while can cause serious property damage during storms.
Once you get these maintenance chores out of the way, you can sit back and enjoy the beauty of fall. These maintenance tips were brought to you by SERVPRO of Vacaville, providing services for all your water, smoke, fire and mold remediation needs. Call us today at 707-724-8977 if we can help.